This year mom wanted to go all out for halloween and make it incredibly fun and unforgettable for her grandchildren. And...when my mom wants to go all out in party planning, she goes all out. We started off by meeting Tyler, Tiff, and the kids at the Hogle Zoo. They were doing a special "Boo at the Zoo" event where they have have booths set up for Trick or Treating! We were all dressed up and I am pretty positive mom and dad got the most comments on how adorable and funny there costumes were. They were pretty cute...wouldn't you say so?
Tyler and Tiff's family were all dressed as super heros. T&T were Fantastic 4, Aspen was Wonder Woman, Danny was a pretty cool Spiderman (he can't get enough of spiderman!), and baby Colt was Captain America. They were pretty cute in their costumes! They do a matching theme every year - love that idea!
And me? Well, I went solo as a pumpkin. I originally went to Old Navy for a yellow coat to be the Morton Salt Girl, but mom and I decided the yellow just didn't look great with my skin tone. And lets be honest, if I am spending money on a coat, I want to be able to wear it beyond dress-up...that was kinda the point. So I tried on the orange, mom and my Aunt Sandi said it looked great on me and so it was settled...I would transform into a pumpkin:)
The Zoo was great times and the animals were super active. The polar bear was doing his usual swim up to the window of people, pop up out of the water and cruise backwards onto his back. We saw the tigers much closer then I ever remember seeing them at this zoo...I was amazed by their massive paws! They are beautiful animals, but I would never want to come across one without a fence in between the 2 of us! The grizzly bears were out chomping on their "fish-sicles" - giant cubes of ice with food in the center I am guessing? Their claws are HUGE...another animal I wouldn't want to mistakenly run into! The Bald Eagles were taking a bath - something I have never seen a Bald Eagle do. We saw an all time favorite for me when we make our visits to Hogle Zoo, 3-year-old baby Elephant, Zuri. She still seems so small, for an elephant that is. But she is so playful and fun to watch! We zipped by the giraffes who were munching on some tree branches. We visited the animals, the kids filled their bags with delicious goodies (I stole a Reeses from Danny's bag - shhh, don't tell ;), and watched the kids and dad and tyler ride around on the Merry-Go-Round.
The day turned out to be perfect! This morning it was pretty chilly, down in the low 30's. But this is exactly why we waited to stroll through the zoo in the afternoon.
Afterwards we came back home and let the party...continue! Dad and Tyler built a fire in our NEW fire pit (thanks to my Uncle Mark who built it for us! He did an excellent job!). We roasted hot dogs, ate fruit & veggies off of the skeleton cat, spooky eyeballs, and creepy witches, stuffed ourselves with this amazing Frito Salad - I am sure everyone went back for seconds on this one! To go along with our wonderful dinner, we sipped apple cider. For dessert we had mini apple dipped goodness and the most amazing chocolate cupcakes Tiffany made! Normally I am not a fan of chocolate cake or cupcakes (I am more a brownie girl), but these were dang good!
We played all sorts of fun games...A fun matching game my Mom and I created using my Cricut, pin the heart on the skeleton (pretty sure Colt won but Tiff and I were pretty close for second), bowling, and a witched broom game.
"I am a wicked witch. Here is my broom and here is my staff. Now don't you dare smile and don't you dare laugh!"We had a GREAT Halloween fun-filled day; the only thing that could've made it better is if Nick and Zoe could've joined us. But we forgive them, life happens:)
After T&T and the kids left, Mom, Dad, and I watched Bewitched. A very funny, cute movie.
Now I am completely exhausted and think I am going to call it a night:)
-Peanut























































1 comment:
Best party and a tradition we need to continue for sure!
Post a Comment